Universal Studios provides High-Def Watch readers a chance to win a free Blu-ray copy of Jordan Peele's "Us," the follow up to his blockbuster, "Get Out."
Set along the North California coastline, Adelaide Wilson (Nyong’o) reluctantly returns to her beachside childhood home with her family and finds that she is haunted by unresolved trauma from her past along with a string of eerie coincidences. As darkness falls after a tense day at the beach, the Wilsons discover four figures standing in their driveway. They soon realize this is only the beginning of their troubles as they find that the four figures are terrifying and uncanny opponents: doppelgängers of themselves.
Just subscribe to the highdefwatch.com website and your name will be added to the "Us" giveaway list. You'll find the sign up option at the bottom of this page or any review page.
We'll randomly select the winner on Tuesday evening June 18. Then we'll contact the winner via your email to get your full name and mailing address. Universal Studios will send the disc within 30 days.
The Blu-ray includes the following extras:
Scene Explorations - The making of three iconic scenes from the film including the Tyler house massacre, Jason’s abduction, and Adelaide’s underground flashback.
Seven Second Massacre It's a Trap I Just Want My Little Girl Back
The Duality of US - Jordan Peele goes in-depth on some of the key themes and imagery in US – including Doppelgängers, Hands Across America, The Nutcracker dance scene, rabbits and the infamous 11:11 coincidence.
· The Monsters Within US - Examine how the great cast were able to find their characters, whether they were playing one of the Wilsons or their sinister doppelgängers.
· Tethered Together: Making US Twice - Making of a movie is hard. Making a movie where all the main cast play dual roles can be downright mind-bending. In this piece, filmmakers, cast, and crew discuss some of the technical challenges to making the film, as well as some of the design choices for the characters.
· Redefining a Genre: Jordan Peele's Brand of Horror - In the space of two films, Jordan Peele has set himself apart as an invaluable artistic voice. Hear cast and filmmakers highlight what makes him so unique, as well as Jordan's own thoughts on his inspirations and the relationship between horror and comedy.
· Becoming Red - Using behind-the-scenes footage from between takes, we take a closer look at Lupita Nyong'o's intense and mesmerizing performance as "Red."
· Deleted Scenes I Am Not Even Near You Rabbit Season That's Badass Driftwood The P is Silent I Wanna Go Home
· We're All Dying – Hilarious outtakes from the conversation between Winston Duke and Tim Heidecker on the beach.
· As Above, So Below: Grand Pas de Deux - An extended version of the dance sequence from the film, cutting between adolescent Adelaide at her recital to Red in the Underpass.